Beauty is something that is not limited to fairness. It is more to a clear and glowing skin which a person has. It is about skincare and a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle is essential for beauty because it helps to keep your skin, hair and everything better. Here we will be talking about the 2 super seeds: Chia Seeds and Flax Seeds, that helps make you beautiful in a natural way. No extreme measures, just a few steps to follow daily, can help you achieve your goal.
Chia seeds are one of the most popular seeds that have taken the health industry by storm. These tiny black seeds are good for health as well as skin and hair. They are rich in nutrition and extremely healthy. It has nutrients like fibre, antioxidants, proteins, omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, calcium, vitamin D and many more, to call it a super-food. Being rich in various nutrients, let us discuss how these nutrients help to improve your beauty.
Benefits Chia seeds of for skin
Fights free radicals: These raw seeds are rich in antioxidants, they help protect the skin from free radicals caused by sun exposure or the UV rays that we often hear. These antioxidants also help to keep skin young and stay away from wrinkles or the signs of ageing.
Add glow to your skin: Being rich in nutrients like vitamin A and C, iron, potassium etc., the seeds can add radiance to your skin. And make you feel more confident about yourself. It gives a natural glow to your skin if consumed regularly.
Helps to make skin acne-free: Being rich in anti-inflammatory properties, it controls the redness which occurs due to acne. They help to reduce acne to make the skin look better.
Reduces Inflammation: These seeds are also known- as cooling agents, as they have the property to keep your skin cool and thus help reduce inflammation and keep you healthy.
Hydrates Skin: With the immense capacity to hold water, these raw seeds can improve your skin to stay hydrated. More water content can help to keep your skin hydrated.
How to Use Chia seeds of for skin:
For Skin, you can make a DIY Facepack at home with Chia. All you need is:
- 2 spoons chia seeds,
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- In a bowl, add all three ingredients and allow it to soak for 15-20mins
- After 15 minutes, you will see that the mixture has achieved a gel-like consistency. Apply it to your face and neck
- Keep it for 15 mins till it dries.
- Start removing it will lukewarm water and massage in circular motions
Benefits of Chia seeds for Hair:
Strengthen Hair: With vitamins and minerals present in these seeds, it helps strengthen the hair follicles, which helps to strengthen your hair and keep them safe from daily wear and tear.
Good for hair growth: These tiny seeds are rich in proteins and essential amino acids that help to improve hair growth and reduce hair fall.
Makes hair shiny: Rich in antioxidants and zinc, these seeds helps to protect the hair from being damaged by UV rays and other environmental damages.
Fights Dryness: These raw seeds maintain the oil balance in the scalp to fight the dryness, thus making hair shiny and lustrous.
Smoothen the Hair: This seed helps to smoothen the hair quality by protecting it from dryness and harmful environmental damages. It improves the quality of hair by making it more elastic and healthy.
How to Use Chia seeds for Hair
For Hair, you can apply chia seeds in the following ways:
- Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds to a cup of water. Leave it for 15 minutes till the seeds swell up. Now, add a teaspoon of lemon juice to it and mix well. Rinse your hair with this mixture to make it strong and glossy.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of chia seeds in 1/4 cup of almond milk. Leave for 15 minutes. It will turn into a gel-like mass, apply it all over the scalp as a mask. Wait for 10 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo. The mask will help to strengthen your hair.
Apart from these benefits, these tiny seeds are healthy for your health. They help
- to improve gut health
- protects heart health,
- good for weight loss
- good for bone health.
Try consuming them daily and see the benefits!
Let us see how flax seeds help our beauty and skincare.
Flax seeds are beneficial for skin and health. They are rich in essential fatty acids, antioxidants, fibre and many more. As these seeds are a powerhouse of nutrients, vitamins and minerals, they are healthy for an individual. Have these seeds every day to get the beauty benefits. I am listing a few benefits- that these shiny raw seeds have on skin and hair.
Benefits of Flax seeds for Skin:
- Helps to make skin glow: As these seeds are rich in antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, they help to give you clear skin. Its high concentration of vitamins helps to reduce scars and bring a natural glow to your skin.
- Make skin acne-free: Acne happens due to excessive heat and increased levels of estrogen. So eating these raw seeds every day can help cool down the increased levels of these hormones, thus making your skin acne-free.
- Nourishes Skin: These shiny tiny seeds are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which helps to keep skin nourished and keep it safe from dryness.
- Good for skin rejuvenation: These seeds help to exfoliate your skin. It helps to remove dead cells, excess oil and impurities from the skin. It provides complete rejuvenation and replenishment to the skin.
- Combats ageing wrinkles and fine lines: These seeds provide the best home remedy for anyone looking to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. They are rich in antioxidants which helps to smoothen the skin and reduce wrinkles.
To make the skin more youthful, let me share with you how to use flaxseeds for the skin.
How to Use Flax seeds for Skin
All you need is to make a DIY flax seeds mask which requires the following ingredients:
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp of water
- Take a small bowl, add the seeds and water and keep it aside for 15-20 mins
- The mixture will give a gel-like consistency. Apply it on your face( dry).
- Let the mask dry and then slowly remove it with warm water.
- This mask helps to brighten up the tone and can be made easily at home.
Flax seeds Benefits for Hair:
- Promotes hair growth- The presence of vitamin E reduces the free radicals in the scalp and improves blood circulation in the head thus, reducing hair breakage and promoting hair growth.
- Prevents hair loss- As the seeds are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, they keep the hair nourished and prevents the hair from drying. Especially in winters! If you apply flax seeds hair masks, it provides better nourishment thus, reducing hair fall.
- Nourishes hair texture: The seeds are rich in many vitamins and minerals, which helps get a good hair texture. These seeds are beneficial for both hair and scalp. Thus, help to nourish the hair.
The seeds help to keep your hair healthy by providing them with strength and volume.
How to Use Flax seeds for Hair:
You can use Flax seeds for hair by making a DIY flax seeds hair gel. All you need is:
- 1/4th cup True Elements Raw Flaxseeds
- 2 cups water
- 1 spoon lemon
- Boil water and add the flaxseeds to a pan. Stir till the liquid thickens
- Add lemon juice and stir. Stir till the mixture gets gel-like consistency. Off the burner and let it cool.
- Let the gel cool down. After that collect it in a jar and use it every day as a gel.
- Apply it on the scalp majorly to keep your hair awesome!
These were a few benefits that these tiny shiny seeds have on beauty. However, it is also beneficial for health in terms of:
- Good for heart health.
- Improves digestion.
- Reduces cholesterol
- Rich source of energy
- Helps in weight management
Flax and Chia seeds both are healthy but, you need to consume them in limited amounts. Let us understand how we can use these seeds:
How to use chia seeds?
- Daily 1 tablespoon with water in the morning.
- Can create a DIY mask for skin and hair
- Add in daily diet as chia powder
How to use flax seeds?
- Create a DIY seeds gel for skin
- Daily 1 tablespoon in the morning
- Make oil for hair from these raw seeds.
I hope this article helps you to have beautiful skin and hair naturally. Try using True Elements products as they are 100% natural and recently certified as a “clean label food brand “, and are “100% wholegrain certified” the only brand in India to get these two certifications. You can order them online from e-commerce websites or through https://www.true-elements.com/