Let’s talk about castor oil for skin. Does the name of Charlize Theron ring a bell to you, well it does for me. Who doesn’t know this Hollywood gorgeous star, well did you know that she is a big fan of castor oil and even suggested to use it for beauty routine.
So if you want to learn everything about this wonder skin oil, keep reading you might find what fits your desires
What is castor oil?
Castor oil originally extracted and made from castor beans or what know as the plant Ricinus communis. Usually, the oil was used for medical purposes but in recent years it developed for a beauty brand.
Castor oil has gone through unique production processes which made it an absolute safe for skin care, being rich with vitamins and fatty acids the oil has is a natural moisture and skin improver.
It also common to use for food, medicine and beauty product
Castor oil nutrient
People are using castor oil to moisture, smooth, and treat skin issues because it has proven to very very beneficial in fixing skin issues, castor oil somehow carries some benefit similarity with coconut oil, but what makes it perfectly good for beauty routines?
Well, this oil considers being a vegan oil and 100% natural because and that makes it safe for direct use.
Castor oil different nutrient :
- Omega 6 essential fatty acids in the oil will help to moisture and nurture your skin even your whole body and that makes it natural skin moisture.
- Omega 9 fatty acids in castor oil may help to reduce skin redness, treat acne and protect your skin from UV
- Vitamin E content may help to protect skin from UV and reduce sun damages,
- Ricinoleic acid will improve hair growth and skin cells production and blood circulation
- Minerals such as vitamin E, zinc and more will help to protect skin cells from oxidative stress, reduce aging signs and wrinkles.
- Zinc is an anti-inflammatory that will provide barriers that are ideal for dry and chapped skin protection.
Is castor oil good for skin?
Direct applying of castor oil for skin will give you that flawless and glowing skin you’ve been dreaming about, being rich with omega 6 and 9 your skin will put up barriers to protect it from sun damages and outside impurities.
The oil is ideal for dry and chapped skin protection. Furthermore, castor oil is rich with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory and that makes it quite easy to clean skin and reduce acne and puffiness. Fatty acids represent the biggest share of the oil and that makes it as moisture and face cleanser.
So whatever your desires are you can always count on castor oil for skin benefits.
The best castor oil type for skin and hair care
If you’re going to start applying castor oil on your skin and hair go for the one who is rich with Ricinoleic acid
and this is very important because it’s anti-inflammatory and that makes it perfect for moisture and cleaning skin and hair.
Due to their different production process, castor oil is not the same, so you may wanna check the top 4 castor oil for skin and hair care to have on your shelf.
1-Jamaican black castor oil
The most common type of castor oil’s, consider affordably for most people and the shipping service is fast. Jamaican black castor oil considers to be very safe for beauty routines, it will smooth and moisture your skin. Generally, JBCO produced from refined castor oil and then add coloring to make it darker that’s why it called black castor oil in South America and Asia.
2- Sky organic castor oil
Using real castor oil to the product 100% high-quality organic oil gave us the sky organic castor oil, completely chemistry-free, rich with the right nutrients for skin hydration and moisturizing such as vitamin E and fatty acids. SOCO is one of those promising skin oils because it delivers instant results with maximal effectiveness.
3- De la Cruz castor oil
It’s not available as much as the other types, but it worth looking for, being rich with vitamins and omega-3s fatty acids it will moisture your scalp and soothe it, perfectly good for direct applying. It will give your skin barriers to protect it from sun damages and reduce acne and puffins.
4- Kate Blanc Cosmetics Organic Castor Oil
Very cheap and you can find at a large scale, it’s natural skin moisture and protective. This castor oil type is 100% organic, meaning the chances of causing skin rash and itchiness are rare, perfectly safe for most people.
What are the benefits of castor oil for skin
- Works as a natural moisturizer thanks to Ricinoleic acid because it’s a monounsaturated fatty acid, you will have a natural moisturize and soothe skin. Castor oil contains humectant properties that help to moisturize your skin, clean it, and soothe it.
- Castor oil is rich with minerals that’s why using it for skin glow is ideal for those with poor glowing skin. The oil is thick you can use it with olive oil to clean your skin, clear acne, and give your skin that natural glowing look.
- Works as acne cleaner because it contains essential fatty acids that help to moisturize your skin, open pores to reduce oil from skin to the point of cleaning your skin from acne.
- Did you know that a proper direct apply of it for skin pigmentation you will reduce the intensity of pigmentation and under-eye circles, due to its essential fatty acids and vitamin E.
- It can be used for skin lightning is one way to have a stunning effect, but it will not come overnight. Regular use of castor oil DIY mask will remove blackheads, reduce puffiness, and lighten your skin.
- Reduce wrinkles, castor oil is like a remedy that able’s to treat wrinkles and prevent aging signs. every night apply a small amount from the oil on the wrinkled area to boost the production of collagen and hydrate the skin.
- Castor oil is a great option for skin flawless, due to its ricinoleic fatty acids which help to smooth flaky skin and provide skin barriers to protect it from losing moisture.
How to use it?
Castor oil contains healthy fatty acids to help maintain healthy skin, but you can’t apply it directly because it’s thick so it prefers to combine it with other essential oil like:
Just make a mixture from castor oil and any suitable essential oil, and apply it on your face or skin, it also good to add Shea butter to have a complete skin moisturizing and anti-inflammatory against impurities.
experts had expressed that castor oil for face uses will have an extra moisturizing effect on the face, therefore it’s recommended to apply the mixture every night before going to bed and leave it for 15-20 than rinse it off with cold water.
For direct application go and purchase BRIOGEO HAIR CARE or any other 100% organic castor oil and use it anywhere you want under eyes or for facial skin. Add drops from organic castor oil, leave it for a few minutes then wash it off.
Castor oil skin care recipes
- 1 tsp of castor oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of honey
Make a mixture then apply it to your skin to tighten it and make it glow, leave the mixture for 15 minutes then rinse it off.
Face wash recipe
- 1/4 cup of castor oil
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin oil
It’s optional for you to add 4-6 drops from lavender or geranium essential oil.
Castor oil body Lotion recipe
- 1 tbs of castor oil
- 1 tbs of jojoba or argan oil
- 1/4 cup of almond oil
- Add 15 drops essential oil ( Lavender, Chamomile, lemon or rose essential oil)
It’s optional to add 1 tbs of coconut oil.
Castor oil for scalp treatment
- 1 tbs castor oil
- 1 tbs unrefined coconut oil
- 1 drop of tea tree oil
- 1 drop of Lavender essential oil
Frequently asked questions
Is it good for skin problems?
Castor oil is rich with fatty acids and vitamin and anti-inflammatory properties which make it a good option for those with acne problems, this oil will protect and reduce acne, puffiness, and age-signs.
Is it good for daily use?
If you have dry skin or dry hair it’s recommended to use once a week.
Are there any side effects?
Castor oil for hair care may cause some side effects like hair falling or acute hair felting, in that case you must cut off the damaged hair.
some of castor oil skin side effects
- Skin rash
Can castor oil remove or reduce dark spots?
It’s rich with antioxidants that may help to protect skin from the affection of free radicals which eventually will help to reduce dark circles and treat eye puffiness.