Are you looking for a better product to make your skin healthier? If the answer is yes welcome to our coconut oil for skin special review.
An introduction to coconut oil
Usually, coconut oil is praised for being great for hydrating moisturizer, the oil is extracted from raw coconut or dried coconut kernels.
It is known as copra is an edible oil traditionally made by extracting oil from dried kernels or meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm.
Coconut oil obtains high saturated fat content Thus, as per my personal experience with the product. I would like to say you can use coconut oil in various ways like cooking or you could apply it directly to your skin.
Is coconut oil good for skin and hair?
The answer is using coconut oil for skincare is the absolute way to healthy skin and shiny hair. Furthermore, do-it all-natural oil you can use it to boost your beauty routine. And for that particular reason, it becomes one of the most trustworthy natural oil beauty products for skin and hair care.
What types of coconut oil are best for the face and skin?
Did you know that one of Emma Stone’s favorite beauty products is Coconut oil, personally I bought it just for that reason, Meaning if Emma loves it why should I hate it? Another great news there is more than one great coconut product that you could use for your skin, hair, and face. Therefore I took the liberty to make you a surprise with the top three coconut oil types for your skin and hair care.
1- VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
Virgin oil is traditionally made by extracting it from a single press from fresh coconut meat, then it must be dried for two hours under a 40 degree Celsius temperature.
It is known for its high price and that’s because of the hefty work that the producers do during its extraction and drying processes.
Virgin oil is very beneficial for skin and hair. therefore to get the maximal effectiveness it must store in a dark place to keep the smell of fresh coconut. Otherwise, it’s not virgin coconut oil.
2-REFINED COCONUT OIL
Not-alike virgin coconut oil refined coconut oil is mechanically expressed and made from dried coconut.
Refined coconut oil is known as copra and that’s why it must maintain a higher heat processing, for two major reasons.
First, the dried copra is not fit for consumption, and second, the oil must go through processes to filter out impurities. Refined oil is the most available and cheap price in almost every supermarket and is known for its great benefits on the skin.
3-DEODORISED COCONUT OIL
Deodorised coconut oil is quite similar to refined oil only the difference is that it has the aroma and flavor removed from the oil. The most important thing about deodorized coconut oil is that it’s completely natural there is no chemical involved during extracting and producing.
I like it more than other types and most of the time I use it to cock because it’s one of the healthiest oils to use due to its high MCT content
Beauty benefits of coconut oils for skin
There are different uses for coconut oil for skin that you can benefit from but first, I will share some of its benefits on your and skin:
- Increased hydration is one of the greatest benefits of the coconut oil that you can get. Especially for those who suffer from oily skin. Coconut oil will help you to bolster your skin’s protective barrier layers and to trap moisture inside to keep your skin supple and hydrated.
- Reduces inflammation by using coconut oil for skin whitening. because coconut oil is comprised of a unique combination of natural fats, which make it useful and beneficial for irritated, chafed skin.
- Lightens dark patches by using coconut oil for skin face which helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots or uneven skin tone. A big number of beauty bloggers suggest applying coconut oil for skin face to lighten it and get attractive skin.
- Moisturizing your skin can be very beneficial as long as you keep applying coconut oil on your skin. Furthermore, you can also use coconut oil for skin glow, as it proved it’s great for those who suffer from skin glow issues.
Different ways of using coconut oil for face
Coconut oil for face wash
Being 100% naturally, oil makes coconut oil a naturally antibacterial, antifungal, and moisturizing which makes it perfect to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, moisturize the skin, and fix acne.
To do so you can use the face wash method which is to rube 1 tsp of coconut oil with your hands and apply the liquid coconut oil on your dry face, make sure to massage all of your face and neck.
Give it some time at your convenience then wash it with your face wash.
Note make sure to dry your skin first and close your eyes to avoid eye contact with oil.
Create a Diy face mask
Creating a Diy face mask by using coconut oil will soothe inflamed skin by restoring its natural PH balance. You can use an easy method by putting 3 tbsp of oatmeal in a bowl and pour in warm water to make a paste.
Mix the paste with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, then apply the mixture on your face by rubbing it gently.
Leave it for 15 minutes then rinse it off with cold water.
Use it as an eye makeup remover
You don’t need to want to spend your money on expensive eye make you removers while you can simply use coconut oil. The way you use it is quite easy, put some drops of the oil on a cotton ball then rub it into dry skin while doing that focus on your under eyes. After you are done, leave it for some time then rinse it off with warm water.
If you have dry under-eyes, coconut oil will make a fine eye cream. Simply use a dab of coconut oil on under-eye bags and fine lines to dry, hydrate, and protect your skin from cold weather, dehydration, or aging signs.
Make a DIY lip scrub
To make a homemade lip scrub with coconut oil you need 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 2 tbsps of brown sugar, and 1 tbsp of honey. Mix all the mentioned ingredients to make a delicious DIY lip scrub.
When you apply the lip scrub use an exfoliating before you go to sleep to wake up with softer lips.
Use it as lip balm
Did you know that coconut oil is semi solid at room temperature? which makes it the ideal remedy for chapped lips. So to make a DIY lip balm mix 2 tbsps of coconut oil with 2 tbsps of cocoa butter and 2 tbsps of grated beeswax. ( make sure to add the mixture to a heat measuring cup)
Afterward, pour 2 inches of water into a small pot.
Add the measuring cup, then heat the water till the ingredients are perfectly melted.
Lastly, pour the mixture into lip balm containers and add 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil and cover it.
Make a tinted lip gloss
It’s very simple to make flaky lips or to add color to your pout, you can mix coconut oil with bits of old lipstick. Or you could combine 1 tbsp of coconut oil with a berry-flavored Kool Aid
Simply sweep a powder highlighter into your cheekbones then gently pat a thin coconut oil layer using only your fingers.
Then you can apply another layer of the highlighter you used on the blended.
The goal is to help coconut oil blend into the skin and highlighter to gives the skin that natural, dewy glow underneath the highlight.
Beauty benefits of coconut oil for body
Not only did my skin get better, but the big changes after using coconut oil were also on my body. This skin oil is everything you dream about, now it’s time to see what benefits your body could advantage from:
- Hydrate your dry skin simply by using the organic virgin coconut oil before and after your cock, if you wonder if that will work on dry itchy skin, well it does. Thus my recommendation is to keep a jar of organic coconut oil or hand cream with you at any time.
- Helps with shaving your legs, many shaving products may be expensive for those who are under a budget plan or don’t have that much. But the good news is the coconut oil is cheaper, inexpensive, and most important will provide the same results of using shaving cream products.
- Make a body scrub by using it you will create a luscious body scrub thanks to its 100% natural ingredients. To do so, you can melt a half cup of coconut oil and pour it over a brown sugar or salt.
- Treat your feet, if you have sweaty feet it’s most likely you are suffering from fungal infection. Applying coconut oil on the infected foot may soothe the infection and flaking skin.
Beauty benefits of coconut oil for hair
- Deep condition because most hair conditioners contain coconut oil that makes it penetrate deep hair condition standards and prevent protein loss.
- Refined coconut oil may soften-locks with a spa-worthy hair mask. It is easy to use on hair, massage onto hair, and cover with a shower cap.
- Messaging coconut oil onto hair may help to lower yeast-levels on the skin. That driven dandruff associated with inflammation and flaking.
- Add shin, if you have a darker hair coconut oil will shine your hair a little bit. I use the tiny amount from the oil on your hair daily before I get to bed, but remember using too much may get your hair greasy.
How much coconut oil should you use?
Typically, coconut oil is used in cooking but it can also be used directly on skin, body, and hair. However, there are certain steps to use whether it’s for cooking or applying it directly.
First, in cooking, the amount of the used coconut oil is based on a percentage of total calories, and that changes from person to person.
For instance, similar studies suggest that a combination of coconut oil and butter is the main source in 40% of the fat diet.
Another study reported that if an overweight person takes 30 ml of coconut oil every day for 4 weeks he will lose an average of 1.1 inches (2.87 cm) from their waists and its skin will be hydrated and clean as never been.
Several studies found that the ideal amount of how much coconut oil per day is two tablespoons (30 ml).
But if you want to apply it directly to the skin, body, and hair one tablespoon is what you should take per day.
Take one tablespoon and rub it gently between your hands and apply it to your skin, hair, or body. You must confirm to spread it over the target area than living it overnight.
Note: Avoid getting coconut oil into your eyes, it may make your vision blurry temporarily.
Are there any side effects of coconut oil?
In reality, any product carries some risks for a unique situation. In our case, the side effects associated with coconut oil come down to saturated fats.
Coconut oil is likely safe if you take it by mouth in food amounts. Because it may cause an increase in cholesterol levels. But if it was for medical purposes, our recommendation is to take doses of 10 ml twice a day will be safer.
Beauty experts suggest avoiding using coconut oil directly to the skin case of pregnancy or breastfeeding because there is not enough information in this matter. So it’s best to take precautions and avoid using it.
In the light of the poor information about coconut oil’s effect on children when using it as medicine it’s best to avoid giving it to them.