Have you gotten overwhelmed from suffering fine flakes and cracking due to skin dehydrating and dry skin condition?. If so, you might find some interesting facts and solutions that help for how to get rid of dry skin.
Our content will go through the following:
- Common causes of dry skin
- How to get rid of dry skin?. Homemade remedies and facial masks.
- 10 tips help you to treat dry face issues
- How to get rid of dry skin on hands?
- How to get rid of dry skin around the nose?
- How to get rid of dry skin on legs?
Common causes of dry skin?
Part of solving any problems is knowing what causes the first time. Dry skin is a form of a series of skin symptoms that includes itchiness in certain areas containing red patches.
The most commonly infected areas from dryness are legs, arms, face, and lower legs. These areas may experience eczema or red plaque of eczema, itchy, and rough dry skin.
But what causes them for the first time?… Beauty experts reported that having dry skin maybe as a result of heat or weather changes or other external factors such as
- Weather; more specifically cold temperature or winter. In winter the temperature and humidity tend to decrease from normal levels, and that will result in skin dryness.
- Low humidity; as we mentioned before, in winter low humidity levels may lead to a dry skin condition. However, it’s not a key factor if you live in a desert or hot places don’t suffer low humidity levels.
- Over showering; having a hot shower is essential to our internal and external health, but having too much of it may damage you more then it could benefit you.
- Harsh soaps; washing your skin with harsh soap is an excellent way to treat it. If you only use it when it’s needed and not over wash with it, you may help your skin to prevent having skin dryness.
- Bad moisturizing; another common thing that may cause dry skin is improper moisturizers. Boosting your skin moisture is an essential skin regime to keep it hydrated and balance the sebum oil. Improper skin moisturizers may also result in having dry skin and fine lines.
How to get rid of dry skin?. Homemade remedies and facial masks.
Our daily actions and routine may push us off track. Toxic, stress, aging, and weather condition all consider external factors that result in skin dryness.
Dry skin is a skin response to the low production of sebum oil. That’s why it’s essential to keep our skin moisture healthy and hydrated to prevent other skin issues that may show up.
To treat and get rid of the skin dryness you have an option to apply homemade remedies that contains natural ingredients proven to be an excellent solution against dry skin condition
Here they are:
Coconut oil is known for its emollient properties and fats that make it an effective treatment for hydrating the skin and balance the skin’s oil levels.
You could apply it before bedtime as your moisturizing cream, which will help to keep the skin moisture through the next day as long as your skin needs.
To apply it take 4-5 drops on your hand palm and rub it, massage all over your arm, face, and skin. During your sleeping time, your skin will absorb its content, which will increase the fats levels on your skin, keep it hydrate and soft.
Olive oil and sugar
Olive oil is another oil carrier that works as well as coconut oil. The oil considers as a natural skin moisturizer and exfoliator. To make the olive oil and sugar scrub, you will need to mix:
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 sugar
- 1 tbsp lavender oil (optional)
Lavender oil is an optional ingredient to the olive oil and sugar body scrub. Thus, adding it will boost the skin’s natural fragrance and enhance relaxation. The application part should be easy just rub the scrub on your skin, leave it one 20 minutes, then wash it off with cold water.
The olive oil and sugar scrub will boost collagen production, help to get rid of dry skin, and exfoliate your skin.
The avocado and olive mask will help you make your skin soft and hydrate as a result of controlling the sebum production. It will increase low oil production without clogging pores to prevent acne appearance.
To make avocado and honey mask mix the following ingredients;
- Pure a half avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil.
You can also add one teaspoon of honey to the mixture, it will help to exfoliate your skin as well as for keeping its moisture. When you apply the mask, let it dry for 20 minutes, then wash it off.
Baths or showers could be a key factor of having skin dryness if you take them frequently or more then you need. Whatsoever, adding oatmeal to your hot bath will help you rehydrate your skin and relais tensions.
Oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory properties that will help your skin moisture and heal acne. It’s also a powerful ingredient for people with dry skin issues.
Besides adding oatmeal to your hot bath, you can make an oatmeal mask for dry skin. This mask makes a great skin exfoliator, it will also heal acne and prevent aging.
To make an oatmeal face mask for skin dryness mix:
- 2 tbsp of oatmeal
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Water ( dashes)
Gently, rub the mixture on your skin and leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then wash it off with cold water.
Use this mask twice a week for sustainable results.
Milk is another natural ingredient the will help to get rid of dry skin, prevent skin itchy skin and cracks.
According to the people who applied milk on their skin, they reported that applying it for 5-10 minutes will help reduce itchiness and heal irritated skin.
It’s not surprising that milk works well for irritated skin because it contains essential acids and anti-inflammatory properties.
Typically aloe vera gel is good for the skin. It works to reduce sunburns and protect the skin from UV radiation. But it has proved to be very beneficial during winter times when our skin tends to grow dry.
Aloe vera help reduces dry skin symptoms such as redness, flaky skin, and rough dry skin conditions. It also works fine on acne and breakouts, as well as for fighting age signs.
10 tips help you to treat dry face issues
- Moisturize your skin after taking a bath. The point is to keep your skin’s moisture as your skin needs.
- Use the right facial cleanser, most people got dry because of their wrong pick with a facial cleansing product.
- Develop a bathing schedule and control the bath temperature. Hot baths are one of the common causes of dry skin.
- To get rid of dry skin issues from both of your skin and face add your favorite essential oil to your bath. It has proven to be very helpful.
- Exfoliate your skin after applying the moisturizer, it will help to get rid of the skin’s dead cells and rehydrate the skin.
- During cold-temperature be smart with using a humidifier, it’s recommended to set it with the level of 50%-60%.
- Don’t overuse soaps because they might result in skin dryness.
- Drink water as much as you could, it will keep your skin hydrated, lighten, and give your skin a natural glowing appearance.
- If needed you could use lotion or dry skin for your skin.
- In winter always remember to dress well to keep your body warm and avoid wearing clothes that may cause you irritation.
How to get rid of dry skin on hands?
Dry hands are caused by three common factors; weather, environmental factors, and medical condition or frequent dishwashing. Fortunately, you have many options available for you to get rid of dry hands conditions.
For starters, using a skin moisturizer will help you to keep your hands hydrated and restrain its moisture.
On your daily activities especially if they get you exposed to the sun, use sunscreen to protect your skin. Just rub a small amount of the sunscreen on your hands’ arm and face.
Minimize using soap or avoid it because hands are the first who the soap will damage and causes dryness.
How to get rid of dry skin around the nose?
To get rid of the dryness around your nose add a moisturizer into your skin daily regime. The moisturizer will boost your skin health, rehydrate it, and soften it.
Or you can reach for the help of face creams, just apply them directly after washing your face. Just rub your favorite cream on around the nose area and leave it to dry.
If you’re not a fan of cream you could use ointments they work as well as the creams do.
How to get rid of dry skin on legs?
Dry feet or legs carry a long list of symptoms such as redness, flaky and cracked feet, itchiness, and many more. These symptoms will appear as a result of low oil production on the lower part of the body which is most common with aged persons.
To get rid of dry skin on feet and soften your legs you should cream or products that know for the big amounts or at least contains;
- Antioxidants for their ability to heal the dry skin
- Fatty acids such as hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid. These acids will help supple and soften your legs and hydrate them.
- Other ingredients include petroleum, ceramides, and glycerine.